Last Modified: Aug 15, 2023
Effective Date: April 29, 2020
Please read this Policy carefully. If you do not agree with our practices described in this Policy, do not access or use the Website. By accessing or using the Website, you consent to all actions taken by us with respect to your information consistent with the Policy.
Google User Data
This Policy also applies to the information we collect from or through our app’s integration with Google services, and it complies with all the requirements under the Google API Service: User Data Policy. You can find more information in the OAuth API Verification FAQ.
This Policy may change from time to time. We will post any changes we make to the Policy on this page. When we do so, we will update the Last Modified date indicated at the top of this page. The most recently dated Policy supersedes any previous versions. If we make material changes to how we treat your Personal Information, we will also provide a notice when you log in to the Website and/or notify you by email to the email address specified in your account. As used in this Policy, “Personal Information” means information from which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically checking this page for any changes to the Policy. Your continued use of the Website after we make changes to the Policy is deemed to be acceptance of those changes.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children. No one under age 16 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect the following categories of information: (1) information you provide to us, and (2) information we automatically collect from your use of the Website.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of signing up for an account.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete.
- Photos, videos, images, content, and other information that you create, upload, share, publish, display, or otherwise transmit on or through the Website (“User Content”).
The Website may allow you to share User Content with other users of the Website. Your User Content is shared with others at your own risk. Although you may set sharing settings for your User Content, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, actions, and patterns, including:
- Your search queries on the Website,
- Your usage details of the Website, including time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each page, views and interactions with content;
- Referring site details, such as the URL you came through to arrive at the Website;
- Clicks on links leading to other websites;
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may use Google Analytics to measure and analyze activity on our Website. To learn how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please see, “How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services,” available at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Website and its contents to you. For example, we may process photos you upload to our Website in order to enable you to virtually Discover your dream color palette.
- To understand how our Website is used. For example, we may measure the number of visitors or clicks on our Website or parts of it.
- To improve our Website or develop new services. For example, we may train machine learning models with photos you upload to our Website to improve the speed and/or accuracy of the scene reconstruction of photos.
- To provide a personalized experience. For example, the Website may recommend products for your space based on other products you have browsed or selected.
- To communicate with you. For example, we may use the email address you provide to notify you about changes to our Website or the services we provide through it.
- To protect the Company, Website users, or others.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you provide a recipient’s email address when using the Share feature of our Website, we may disclose the selected User Content and your email address to the recipient at the email address you provide.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, Website users, or others.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information. With your consent.
If you have questions or comment about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.